Our Parent Support Adviser
What is a Parent Support Advisor?
- Parent Support Advisors are a link between school and home.
- I aim to support our families so that the young people are able to feel safe, enjoy and achieve here at Presfield High School and Specialist College and families feel welcome into our community.
- Please feel free to contact me at any time between the hours of 9.00 – 4.30 pm.
- If I am not available please leave a message and I will contact you.
- You can contact me by telephone at school.
- Tel: 01704 227831
- Work Mobile: 07927 753055
- Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Parent Support Advisor, my role is to:
- Support transition.
- Support parents and carers.
- Provide advice and information. Signpost to other organisations, agencies and services.
- Provide opportunities to meet other parents.
- To liaise with the school nurse regarding health issues or concerns.
- Act as an advocate for young people and their families.
I will be organising events in school such as:
- Regular coffee mornings here at Presfield
- Parent workshops and training sessions, for example the Easytalk course, sleep / behaviour workshop and wellbeing days.
- Family clubs and activities.
- Social activities for parents.
If you wish to attend a course / workshop or to suggest a course or workshop for parents and carers, please contact me.